The work of the academy is governed by a range of policies. A copy of any policy can be provided, free of charge, on request.
These are policies which apply to all the academies which are part of the Focus-Trust. These policies are arranged under the following headings:
- Health and Safety
Shibden Head Primary Academy follows the Focus Trust Supporting Pupils at School with Medical Conditions Policy.
Shibden Head Primary Academy follows the Focus Trust Exclusion Policy. http://www.focus-trust.co.uk/information/focus-trust-policies/
Shibden Head Primary Academy follows the Focus Trust Complaints policy. http://www.focus-trust.co.uk/information/focus-trust-policies/
Allegations against members of staff or volunteers policy
Shibden Head Primary Academy follows the Focus-Trust policy regarding allegations against members of staff or volunteers.
Whistle Blowing Policy
The Focus Trust and its academies are committed to the highest standards of openness and accountability. All employees and others with genuine concerns about the Trust or an academy should be able to voice those concerns without fear of reprisal. The Focus Trust Whistleblowing Policy gives details of the procedure to follow.
Shibden Head policies
In addition, there are policies which apply to our academy only. These include policies regarding the curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment and the welfare of pupils. Key policies include:
- Behaviour Policy Positive behaviour management policy 2017
- Behaviour Ladder
- Anti-Bullying Policy Anti Bullying Policy March 2018
- Child Protection Policy Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy September 2017
- Safeguarding and Child Protection a quick guide
- Homework Policy Homework Policy REVISED July 2017
- Collective Worship Policy Charges and Remissions Policy
- SEND Policy January 2018
- Disability Action Plan January 2018